Working with a cross-functional project team, the Lead Developer oversees all technology efforts to produce successful delivery, ensuring the end products are built to meet business, performance, security and functional requirements. The Lead Developer works closely with the Head of Strategy and Digital Producer to plan, schedule and control all project activities towards these objectives, while building positive professional relationships with in-house and remote administration, creative teams, contractors and suppliers. The Lead Developer is also responsible for budgeting and scope management to deliver efficiency and effectiveness in their department - a key component of a financially successful digital marketing agency.
- Salary $75-90K
- Extended health benefits package
- Unlimited paid vacation
Skyrocket is a highly collaborative workplace; one where everyone has the opportunity to take their work to the next level. Our team is small and cross-functional, so you will be surrounded by a wide range of perspectives.
We are a creative agency that builds beautiful user experiences. Situated in the heart of downtown near the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station, the Skyrocket office is surrounded by great food and is easily accessed from any part of the city.
The ideal candidate
Highly organized, with a strong, natural ability to visualize potential options and drive positive outcomes. Understands the importance and impact of managing and defining the smallest details of any given project. Approaches development in grounded, measured and methodical ways. Loves to establish new systems with a strength in building process-driven management solutions from the ground up. Executes with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Lead Developer’s personality and career aspirations align with Skyrocket’s company culture: you are naturally joyful, an open communicator and enjoy being in service to others.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of websites, applications and other web products as applicable.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery, ensuring the projects are built to meet performance, security and functional requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and institute high-quality development principles and best practices.
- Perform technical audits and devise technical plans, as well as reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of website builds.
- Complete DevOps and perform backend/database programming when needed.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems and perform analysis to identify root causes.
- Assist with capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized for continuous growth.
- Create tools and processes to streamline all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Stay up-to-date on industry standards and incorporate them appropriately.
- Manage efficiency and costs of our development contractors.
- Manage, foster and build relationships with Skyrocket’s roster of contractors.
- Pay careful attention to ‘booked time vs time tracked’ for each project and deliverable.
- Oversee the quality assurance of all development contractor work.
- Monitor capacity and resourcing of contractors.
Skills, education and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a fast-paced, high-demand technology or design environment in a leadership/management role.
- Experience in provisioning, operations and management of AWS environments.
- Experience with modern content management systems
- Demonstrated skills in working in a collaborative environment.
- Experience communicating with other developers and working within development processes in a highly effective manner.
- Passion for learning and growing skills in a dynamic, lean, team environment.
- A positive and constructive communication style.
- Able to form strong professional relationships within a small, diverse team.
- Able to handle multiple projects at once and remain focused on priorities while under pressure.
- Manage scope and quality and proactively assess and mitigate risk.
$75,000.00 - $90,000.00