Skyrocket is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Brand Copywriter with a strategic mind and aesthetic eye, focusing on creating and writing the brand identity and being the voice for our clients. Working inside our Creative Team, the Brand Copywriter crafts exceptional work for our clients in a fast-paced environment.
Because we are a small company, we need a self-driven, independent person who also works well with others and will contribute to Skyrocket as a whole. We encourage leadership, ownership and self-motivation. This takes the form of everything from suggestions to workflow all the way to scheduling "Lunch and Learn Sessions," where someone shares their expertise on a subject with the rest of the team.
Skyrocket is a digital branding agency based in downtown Vancouver. In a multi-device, multi-screen and multi-context digital world, our mission at Skyrocket is to bring clarity and drive impact for our clients. Using best of breed tools and technologies, we deliver design and strategy to help our clients grow. Our team is a mix of T-shaped individuals focused on both personal growth and achieving results for our clients. We fight over the very best way to do things and are continuously improving our methods and processes.
The Ideal Candidate
You have creative expertise in communicating a brand’s identity and story through words and key messaging, establishing, nurturing and deepening human connections while bringing a vision to life. You are skilled in writing compelling and authentic web content, brand identity, product narratives, social media content, blogs and professional communication (proposals, presentations etc.), and you are full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
You work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit, and you understand the importance and impact of managing and defining the smallest details of any given project.
Skills, education and experience
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the following:
- 3+ years of experience in creative copywriting in a fast-paced, high-demand technology or creative environment
- A strong portfolio of work that can speak to how you weave brand strategy with a compelling narrative, and demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively with your audience
- Deep knowledge of brand identity, web content and storytelling
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate the vision and strategy behind your work during client meetings
- Expert in using Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) or MS Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent grammar and formatting skills
- A good understanding of SEO would be helpful for this role
- Content Population, image sourcing and idea generation skills are an asset
- Education in communications, marketing or branding is not required but preferred
- Able to work in a cross-functional team environment, collaborating with the team using email, Slack and Zoom.
- You will be contributing to each project’s strategy, website and brand development process, which may include crafting:
- Brand Strategy (vision, mission, values, value propositions and positioning, key messaging, tone of voice, personas, etc.)
- Product Narratives
- Web content
- Blog Writing
- Pitch Decks
- Collaborate with strategists, designers and marketers across the planning and execution of key deliverables
- Ensure overall quality of work and standards are maintained through ongoing review and feedback to our junior copywriters
- Present your vision and strategy during team and client meetings, clearly and concisely
- Produce high quality, engaging content that creates and enhances the Brand presence
- Extended health benefits package
- Unlimited paid vacation